When you have selected the house you want to buy, your next step is to submit a signed purchase agreement or offer. Your Champion sales associate will take you through a step-by-step process in order to prepare your real estate offer:
- You know the seller's asking price, but you need to decide how much you will offer.
- Decide how much earnest money to offer. Your earnest money is usually held by the listing company until the sale is closed or the contract is broker. When the sale is closed, it is applied to the down payment or closing costs. But, if you fail to buy the house after the seller has accepted your offer, the seller has the right to keep this earnest money.
- Specify your desired closing date and possession date. Allow yourself enough time to obtain financing.
- Determine which items you may want to negotiate in the price you are offering. Items the seller may not necessarily be leaving behind may include any of the following: appliances, light fixtures, chandeliers, gas logs, fireplace tools, window coverings and swing sets.
In the Negotiation Process, Champion Is Your Advocate
Our advanced negotiating skills will help you obtain the best possible price and terms!
- We will help you negotiate every contract detail
- We will help you negotiate all of the pre-settlement details such as home inspection, mortgage, title, and hazard insurance
- We will protect your interests with a comprehensive purchase contract and the appropriate addenda
Our ultimate goal is to provide a stress-free, world class home purchase experience!